- Is your Basis band charged? At very low battery levels (less than one bar), Bluetooth communication often fails before the watch can complete a sync. Recharge your watch to fix this problem.
- Is your Basis band plugged into the USB cradle? The band can’t communicate simultaneously with both Bluetooth and with the USB connector.
- Is your Basis band on the latest version of firmware? To upgrade your firmware, plug your band into your computer via the USB cable.
- Are you running the latest version of the Basis app? You can visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id667634119?mt=8 for the latest version.
- Are you using a supported phone with a supported operating system? You can see a list of supported iOS devices here.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both your iOS device and your Basis band? For instructions on how to do this, you can go to our iOS setup page.
- Is the Basis app running on your iOS device? Click on the app to make sure that it’s running.
- Are you logged into the Basis app? Syncing will be blocked if you are logged out of your account.
- Is your Basis band paired with your iOS device? For information on how to pair your Basis band with your iOS device, please visit our iOS setup page for more information.
'Basis B1' isn't showing up on the iOS Bluetooth list of 'Devices':
- If you tried pairing your Basis band previously and cancelled in the middle of the pairing process, it will not show up in your list of 'Devices' again.
- Restart your iOS device and try again.
If you need to un-pair your Basis band:
- On your iOS device, go to Settings -> Bluetooth
- Tap the blue circle button at the right of 'Basis B1'
- Tap 'Forget this Device'
The Basis B1 sync takes a long time and seems stuck:
- Depending on how much data is on your Basis band, the syncing process could take upwards of 10 minutes. In this case, you'll need to keep the screen active in order to keep the app running. For instance, if your screen saver is activated, the sync can fail.
- If you sync regularly throughout the day, the syncing process should be relatively swift. However, the more data there is to upload, the longer a mobile sync will take. For this reason, if it has been a few days since you last synced your band, it is recommended that you sync via the USB connecter and a desktop computer.
- If you cancel the sync, it only cancels the process of syncing; your data will remain on your Basis band.
If you run into a problem that cannot be solved through our troubleshooting page, the most efficient way to contact support with mobile issues is through the Basis app itself.
- Go to the 'Settings' page (tap the Navigation Drawer icon in the upper left of the Basis for iOS screen)
- Select 'Email Support'
Previous Article: Android Pairing and Syncing