BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Before using Basis for iOS, you must first set up your Basis account and link it to your Basis band using the Basis Sync Desktop Client and the USB Charging Cradle that came with your device.
You will not be able to sync via your iOS device until this step is complete. To Get Started with your Basis band please visit: http://support.mybasis.com/hc/en-us/sections/200553940-Getting-Started
Pairing your Basis band with your iOS Device:
1) Download the most recent version of Basis for iOS from the iTunes App Store.
If you have difficulties accessing the Basis for iOS app, it is also available for download here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id667634119?mt=8
2) Open Basis for iOS and login with your Basis account credentials. If this is the first time you have used the Basis app, you will automatically be directed to a page that outlines the set up instructions listed on in this support article.
3) To begin the pairing process, press and release the side button. You should see the message ‘Connect New Device’.
Note: These instructions explain the process for initial iOS setup. If you have paired your Basis band before, you won’t see ‘Connect New Device’ on the screen. Instead, you will need to use the right side touch buttons on the face of your Basis band to scroll to the ‘Connect New Device’ option.
4) Press and release the button again to turn on bluetooth.
5) This will put your Basis Band in pairing mode.
6) To activate bluetooth on your iPhone, go into the iPhone settings. Select bluetooth and switch it to on. This will prompt your iPhone to search for the Basis band.
7) You should see Basis B1 show up under Devices; select it to begin pairing.
8) A pin number should appear on your Basis band, with a corresponding pin appearing on your iPhone screen.
9) Press Pair and your band should automatically begin to sync.
10) To see its progress, return to the Basis for iOS app and press Done.
If you are interested, here is a video of the process:
While you may install Basis for iOS on as many iOS devices as you choose, you may only pair your Basis and sync with one iOS device at a time. Subsequent iOS devices can only be used to view data.
Performing a Manual Sync
Once you have properly paired your Basis band to your iOS device, all future syncs will need to be completed by initiating a manual sync.
Basis for iOS does not currently support auto-syncing.
Syncing your data from your iOS device is quick and easy. Just follow these simple steps to keep your data up to date while you’re on the move!
1) Open Basis for iOS on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad and login to your Basis account.
2) Press the large physical button on the right side of your Basis band. You will see the message ‘Sync Now’ on the Basis’ screen. Press the button again to initiate the sync. The screen will now read ‘Connecting’.
3) Once your sync begins, you will see the 'Starting Sync' screen. Make sure to keep your Basis close to your iOS device during this step.
4) After the sync starts, the progress of the upload will be visible in the Basis for iOS app. When the sync is complete your data will be available to view on your iOS device.
Next Article: Overview of the App
Previous Article: Requirements