Much like a desktop computer or a mobile phone, sometimes your Basis band may need to be reset.
In order to perform a hard reset, press the large physical button on the side of the device until the screen goes blank (hold for approximately 15 seconds).
If you're having trouble with this process, take a look at our video titled "Resetting the band":
A hard reset is often one of the best ways to begin the troubleshooting process. Some common issues that are often resolved following a hard reset:
- Touch Button Failure
- Backlight Failure
- Certain Sync Issues
Touch Button Failure
The touch buttons on the face of the Basis band are designed to temporarily lock down when exposed to moisture. This is in order to keep your Basis band from rapidly scrolling through screens, draining the battery unnecessarily. Once your Basis is dry, the buttons should become responsive.
If you find the buttons on your device are unresponsive without having been exposed to moisture, or after the device has fully dried, a hard reset should resolve the issue. To do this, press and hold the large physical button on the side until the screen goes blank (approximately 15 seconds)
To determine whether you have a bad backlight, please try the following:
1) Perform a hard reset on your device. To do this, press and hold the large physical button on the side until the screen goes blank (approximately 15 seconds).
2) Find a dimly lit place and test the function of all 4 touch buttons. The backlight should come on when any are pressed.
Screen Flashing 12:00
If you find that the screen of your Basis band is flashing 12:00, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1) Perform a hard reset of the device. To do this, press and hold the large physical button on the side until the screen goes blank (approximately 15 seconds).
2) Sync your Basis band via the USB Connector with a desktop computer. Be ready to complete this step immediately after the hard reset.
3) Allow your Basis band to charge for a full 3 hours to restore the battery’s charge. To prevent this issue in the future, avoid letting your battery deplete complete.
Restoring your Basis Band
Sometimes in instances where hard resets don't resolve your issue, restoring your band can help. This is also used if you need to wipe all of the information from your Basis band for other reasons.
To restore your Basis band:
1) Make sure the Basis Sync desktop client is running on your computer.
2) Connect your USB connector into a USB port on your computer and snap the cradle onto the module so that the pins line up.
3) Select the Basis Sync icon in your system tray to bring up the menu.
4) Select Preferences >> Device.
5) Click on 'Restore'
LEDs Stay On
If you notice the green leds remain on after removing the device, you've likely encountered a firmware bug. In most cases, simply resetting the device should resolve the issue. To reset, press the large physical button until the screen goes blank (approximately 15 seconds).
Error 002 denotes a hardware error. If you see this error, please submit a request for further assistance.
We have listed some common issues and their solutions. If these suggestions do not resolve your particular issue, please submit a request for further assistance.
Next Article: Desktop Sync
Previous Article: Activities and Data