Let Your Skin Breathe
Breathing is good for you and it is good for your skin too, so give your wrist some air.
- Swap wrists. Move the band to the other wrist on alternate days. Take a break.
- Take the band off for twenty minutes each day during uninteresting events, like when you are showering. Pro tip: this is a great time to charge your battery to keep it topped up all week.
- Slide it around. Once a day, move the band further up your arm for awhile.
Keeping Your Band Clean
Taking off your Basis and cleaning it periodically will help ensure your band is at its best and give your wrist a rest. A dirty band isn't just bad for your skin, it could interfere with your sensors' performance. Clean your band at least once a week:
- Dampen a soft cloth with warm or cool water and use mild dish soap to remove any dirt or grease.
- Use the damp cloth to clean anything that gets close to your skin, like the straps, sensors and sides.
- Then wipe it down with a dry towel and you are good to go.
An alcohol wipe can be used if necessary. Do NOT use hot water, abrasive cleansers or sponges, or other chemicals. Also, don't immerse your band in water - it is water resistant but not waterproof. We also recommend cleaning the band after exercising as skin is especially sensitive after a good sweat.
- Cold or warm water only.
- Mild dish soap is best for removing dirt or grease.
- Alcohol or ammonia based cleaners may be used if soap doesn't do the trick.
- Soft cloths only.
- Do NOT submerge in water or liquid of any kind as the Basis Band is water resistant, not waterproof.
- Do NOT use hot water.
- Do NOT use an abrasive brush/sponge.
- Do NOT use nail polish remover or paint thinners.
- Do NOT use bleach or abrasive cleansers.
- Do NOT wash in dishwasher or washing machine.
Previous Article: Changing Straps